New Delhi [India]January 15 (ANI): India’s greatest badminton event, Yonex-Dawn India Open 2023 is all set to take off and develop into greater than ever on the Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium in New Delhi from January 17 to 22. The distinguished event is greater than all the time with the upgraded BWF World Tour Tremendous 750 standing from the earlier Tremendous 500 in addition to the star subject.
Because the world’s best gamers participate in high-voltage motion on the Yonex-Dawn India Open–organized by the Badminton Affiliation of India, listed below are the highest 5 gamers to observe in males’s singles on the mega occasion.
Additionally learn | Will Lionel Messi Play Tonight in Rennes vs PSG, Ligue 1 2022-23 Conflict? This is A Star Footballer’s Doable Beginning XI.
1. Viktor Axelsen (Denmark) Tokyo Olympic champion and the present World No. 1 Viktor Axelson is the new favourite to clinch the title in New Delhi. The 29-year-old Dane, who received the event twice earlier than, in 2017 and 2019, didn’t take part within the earlier version. Axelson has began 2023 on a powerful observe, advancing to the semi-finals of the Malaysia Open. He had a shocking 2022 by which he received eight tournaments out of 12 performed within the yr, which additionally included titles within the World Tour Finals, World Championships and All England Open Championships.
2. Anthony Sinisuka Ginting (Indonesia) The World No. 4 Indonesian shuttler didn’t have a superb begin in 2023 after he exited within the quarter-finals of the Malaysia Open–the event’s first yr. Nevertheless, the Tokyo Olympics bronze medalists can be eager to get again on observe with some spectacular performances on the Yonex-Dawn India Open, the second event of the yr. The 26-year-old captured the Hylo Open and Singapore Open titles earlier than ending 2022 with a runners-up end on the World Tour Finals after dropping to Viktor Axelson.
Additionally learn | Lalit Modi, Former IPL Chairman, Resigns From KK Modi Household Belief, Names Son Ruchir Modi As Successor.
3. Lee Zii Jia (Malaysia)Lee Zii Jia of Malaysia is the reigning champion of Asia and second ranked participant on the planet. He captured the Thailand Open title final yr and completed second on the Denmark Open. The 24-year-old, nonetheless, had a forgettable begin to 2023, crashing out within the opening spherical of the Malaysia Open. Zii Jia can be keen to place the unlucky defeat behind her and make a recent begin in New Delhi when she competes within the Yonex-Dawn India Open 2023.
4. Prannoy HS (India) After an incredible 2022, Prannoy HS, the present India No. 1 on the planet rankings, is definitely the nation’s greatest guess to win the title in entrance of residence assist. Though the 30-year-old ended his marketing campaign on the group stage of the World Tour Finals, his outstanding come-from-behind victory over World No. 1 that Viktor Axelson earned him loads of reward. The Thomas Cup champion additionally completed the yr with a career-high rating of eight. His greatest end in 2022 got here on the Swiss Open, the place he misplaced within the last. He additionally completed third within the Malaysia Masters and Indonesia Open in addition to reaching the quarter-finals a number of occasions.
5. Lakshya Sen (India) The reigning Yonex Dawn India Open champion can be eager to duplicate his heroics from final yr’s version the place he defeated present World No.6 Loh Kean Yew to clinch his first Tremendous 500 title. Lakshya can have a 2022 to recollect as he bagged the singles gold and doubles silver on the 2022 Commonwealth Video games and was additionally a part of the Indian males’s workforce that was topped Thomas Cup champions. The World No.10, who additionally has a 2021 World Championships bronze to his title, is anticipated to proceed his type from final yr and placed on a present in entrance of the house crowd as he appears to defend his crown.
6. Srikanth Kidambi (India)India’s most adorned shuttler, Srikanth Kidambi received the India Open in 2015, the identical yr he grew to become the primary Indian man to win gold on the Swiss Open Grand Prix. The previous World No.1 can be the primary Indian male badminton participant to achieve the World Championships last in 2021. His 2022 features a singles bronze medal on the Commonwealth Video games and gold on the Thomas Cup. After going through defeat towards Kenta Nishimoto within the Malaysia Open Spherical of 32, Srikanth can be eager to get his yr on observe with a robust efficiency on the Yonex Dawn India Open 2023.
7. Shi Yuqi (China) The previous World No.2 is just one of three males’s singles gamers to have received two or extra BWF Tour titles previously yr. Shi returned to motion for the primary time in 10 months in August on the 2022 BWF World Championships and regardless of taking part in simply six competitions, she received the Denmark Open and Australian Open. He beforehand received the India Open in 2018 and is set to take advantage of his alternative on this yr’s version which has made a poor begin in 2023 after exiting the Malaysia Open within the first spherical.
8. Chirag Shetty – Satwiksairaj Rankireddy (India) The nation’s legendary duo are favorites to reclaim their Yonex Dawn Open crown after a profitable 2022. Because the highest-ranked males’s doubles pair from India, Chirag and Satwik took the lead. within the nation of the nation. first males’s doubles medal on the BWF World Championships by taking bronze in final yr’s event. The pair additionally received their first ever BWF World Tremendous 750 title by profitable the 2022 French Open. They began 2023 with a bang, producing stellar performances on the Malaysia Open and can be seeking to proceed that.
9. Hendra Setiawan – Mohammad Ahsan (Indonesia) Ranked second in males’s doubles, the extremely adorned pair of Hendra and Mohammad will increase the roof on the Yonex Dawn India Open 2023 with their high-level gameplay. The duo are three-time World Championships gold medalists and are extensively thought to be probably the greatest pairs in badminton in males’s doubles. Their 2022 noticed them seal the boys’s doubles silver on the Commonwealth Video games however misplaced the 2022 India Open males’s doubles last to Chirag and Satwik. With such an final result in thoughts, the pair will set their sights on avenging it and going all this time.
10. Aaron Chia – Soh Wooi Yik (Malaysia) The 2021 Olympic Video games bronze medalists in males’s doubles, Aaron and Soh are at present World No.3 within the BWF rankings. They’d a monumental 2022, being topped World Champions in males’s doubles in addition to taking silver on the Asian Video games. The pair will shine on the Yonex Dawn India Open 2023 by performing on the highest stage as they give the impression of being to win the event for the primary time. (ANI)
(That is an unedited and mechanically generated story from the Syndicated Information feed, LatestLY Employees might not have modified or edited the content material physique)